Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen is PHYSICALLY too small, no? / Macbook Air M1 and Photoshop /

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys!

I've been working on my Macbook Air ( early 2015 ) using external 1920 x 1080 monitor. So far so good.

But it seems like it's time to get a new M1 based Air, so, I recall working on my older air ,that has 1440x900 screen res, and it wasn't any comfortable. There was always too little of screen estate to put objects into... but now, with retina, I'm concerned about the physical screen size - I mean, there will be enough space but all the objects will be much smaller.

So, is it any comfortable to work on a such small screen with high pixel density? I thnk i might get at least a 2k res eternal monitor too.

Or should I save and get a Macbook Pro 16"?

I use correction glasses +1, in case it matters.

What's your thinking?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think large screen with good resolution is better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thought that too... as I mstly do web graphic designs, so it's rather a must. I also thought that even m1 Air and 2k res monitor will be still cheaper than a new Macbook Pro 16".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say it's far too early to get an M1 for production work with Photoshop. There is talk of a beta version, but that's not for production; it could be months or even years before app release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it does run via an emulator only? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple have said most apps will run via an emulator. You may see performance go backwards. If it runs at all; it's too early to go to Big Sur, I'd say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Words of wisdoms 🙂

So it's rather a lot of hype, as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sure it will be great, one day. For sure, it's the future, great or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines