• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCREEN MODES

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the "F" key toggling between Photoshop screen modes, the standard screen mode has a noticeable color shift.  Anybody know way and/or how to fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't personally seen this happen. You could try resetting the preferences. Look for the Reset Preferences On Quit button within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cpfaffenbichlar, Thank you.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  I should have said at the beginning that I'm using a MacPro (new style) desktop with 96 ram, so the graphics card speed isn't as important.  I'm also using two monitors: a 27inch cinema and a 27 inch calibrated NEC.  The issue was pronouced when I made decisions on final output based on the standard screen mode's inaccurate color.  Thanks again for the solution and to Michael as well.  However I hate to reset and rebuidls....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Epilogue:  while that fixed the problem, it introduced more problem in layer adjustments becoming irregular and strobing as the adjustments are made.  Not good.  Yeeesch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately turning off GPU usage is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel I'm at an impass.  I see no clear path forward.  I also should mention the irratic boot-up regarding display positions.  All's well for a peiod of time, then suddenly. the monitors swap places in the arrangement for no reason.  It's infrequent, but annoying.  My question is how to proceed?  A new larger graphics card (I have the AMD 580X 8GB?)  Or, should I just wait for updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the GPU driver up to date? 

If so and the issues persist maybe you need to roll it back … 

If you have issues that you can reliably reproduce you can post a report (including the relevant technical data) over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I've had my local Mac dealer look into the problem, amd it's apparently a known issue that Apple has yet to address.  Their firmare update comes with the OS and has not been fixed.  Very disappointed at Apple for producing a high end machine with little or no competant tech people or follow up.  Apparently (and I say this as an Apple fan and stock-holder) they just don't care.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With many isuues it seems close to impossible for the lay-person to figure out whether the problem lies with an application like Photoshop or with the OS (or a driver), so it seems nice that the Apple employees admit to a problem on Apple’s side with this. 

For now you might consider installing a previous version of Photoshop; do you remember if Photoshop CC 2019 worked as expected? 

(But just to be sure: Back up your customized presets before installing an older Photoshop version.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I'm ran tests using a single monitor and the problem goes away.  I unplugged and swithed from NEC to cinema and still it runs as expected without the color shift.  I'm now sitching ports.  I'll post if there's a breakthrough.  I signed on to be a photographer and not computer engineer.  This has taken too much time and I'll just continue my workaround of not trusting standard view color.  That's not what you expect from an 11 thousand dollar (US dollars) machine!  Thanks again and stay safe out there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines