• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Alert: "Sorry I could not process the following files" (Error Message using Image Processor)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a seasoned Photoshop/Bridge CS5 user who recently upgraded to CS6.  In Bridge I just ran my first Image Processor batch, trying to convert a set of RAW .NEF files to .PSD files with a basic editing action I created applied to them.  Photoshop CS6 opens the files from Bridge and applies the actions, but then I get the "Script alert" error message "Sorry I could not process the following files" and a list of all of the files in the batch I was trying to run the script on.  The files all remain open and are saved on my hard drive in a folder created by the Image Processor script, but do not close unless I manually close them.  I never had this problem in CS5 where the image processor would apply the desired actions to the batch of photos one at a time, then save and close.  Thoughts on how I can fix this bug?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Crank up your number of history states. I moved mine from the default of 20 to 60 and all is well. FYI, this action does not work on 16 and 32 bit documents.

Removing the reset of the history state will get you in trouble if you output more than one file type. If you go with the edit above I would recommend only using one output type at a time.

The script should probably set the history states high then reset it at the end. The problem with that is all machines may not be able to handle the large

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I do not have any actions enabled. I tried varrious combinations of options in the script from the dialogue window with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not running an action then I don't think changing the script to use snapshots will fix the problem you are having. And sorry but I can not reproduce that problem. IP runs fine for me with RAW or JPEG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this was a problem in 2013 which this post indicates, why is it still happening with photoshop 2021 and bridge 2021? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it you, Rosalyn5C77, the user with same avatar as yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what do you mean is it me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean you have same avatar, so I thought maybe that's you with other account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it’s just the standard avatar 😂

Kind regards

Rosalyn Parry

w: rosalynparrycreative.com
e: info@rosalynparrycreative.com
t: 07791992934

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh haha, no it's just the one they assign you if you don't change it 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

This issue is happening again with PS 2021. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a critical issue. Are there any fixes yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

danielleroe612 wrote:

I'm a seasoned Photoshop/Bridge CS5 user who recently upgraded to CS6.  In Bridge I just ran my first Image Processor batch, trying to convert a set of RAW .NEF files to .PSD files with a basic editing action I created applied to them.  Photoshop CS6 opens the files from Bridge and applies the actions, but then I get the "Script alert" error message "Sorry I could not process the following files" and a list of all of the files in the batch I was trying to run the script on.  The files all remain open and are saved on my hard drive in a folder created by the Image Processor script, but do not close unless I manually close them.  I never had this problem in CS5 where the image processor would apply the desired actions to the batch of photos one at a time, then save and close.  Thoughts on how I can fix this bug?

If you include an Action in the process remove it from the setup and see if the Image processor still fails.. I suspect if your including an action the action may be adding document to your batch run and not closing them.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also have the same issue using Image Processor. I'm attempting to make any change to a batch of raw files but experience the same error message. I have increased both the history levels and cache size and am frustrated by preference items described here that do not exist in the most current version of CC.

Amazingly the bridge function Tools/Photoshop/Lens Correction works properly with no error, but if I attempt any other image change, the script fails...

Please help. I have 300+ images to correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Thanks for your huge help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same error and Google took me here.

It always happen with the first file.  It is a DNG and I have it open to do some adjustment so it will be same as other photos, then I get the error message when its done on the last file.

Please help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking 'Include ICC Profile' in the Image Processor Screenshot 2020-12-21 152307.jpgsetup box That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop noob here. I had the same issue and somehow fixed it. (Sidenote: I am using the newest update of photoshop as of the date I am posting). I had this problem when trying to use the image processor to automate a script that resized jpg images to 50% their original size. I found that the script itself was messing up the process and creating duplicates of the photo that was used to set/create the script, then popping up the unhelpful error "Sorry, I could not process..." followed by a list of every image in that folder. I deleted the script, re-made it, and the problem resolved. No more "Sorry, I couldn't process...".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow this simple step.

File>scripts>Image process

under the preferences uncheck the run action box

you are done. Hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete the duplicate Default Actions in Actions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines