Highlighted

Script is interrupted by dialog

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script which I would like to run without interruption by any dialogs, processing a number of PSD files. If there are issues/errors along the way I don't care; I just want it to continue. I set "app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;" at the start of the script. However the script is interrupted periodically by popups saying "The disk copy of <file> was changed since you last opened or saved it. Do you wish to update it?" with "Cancel" and "Update" options. Is there any way around this? I want to process several hundred PSDs in my script.

Topics

Actions and scripting, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Script is interrupted by dialog

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script which I would like to run without interruption by any dialogs, processing a number of PSD files. If there are issues/errors along the way I don't care; I just want it to continue. I set "app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;" at the start of the script. However the script is interrupted periodically by popups saying "The disk copy of <file> was changed since you last opened or saved it. Do you wish to update it?" with "Cancel" and "Update" options. Is there any way around this? I want to process several hundred PSDs in my script.

Topics

Actions and scripting, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not sound like it is a dialog for some command dialog your script uses. It sound like some command your  script executed ran into some condition it did not have a default way to handle. perhaps if you enclose the code try catch you can catch  this problem and have a default way to handle the problem. You may just want to ignore or take some action.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
r-bin LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the command
app.activeDocument.save();

use
var d = new ActionDescriptor();
d.putPath(stringIDToTypeID("in"), app.activeDocument.path);
executeAction(stringIDToTypeID("save"), d, DialogModes.NO);

UPD.
Which command in your script causes the message to appear?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines