Script to export adobe photoshop layers names to text file

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project I am working on that has almost 1400 layers and I need help with a script that will export the layer names to a text file (preferably) or an .xls file.

I tried the code in this link but it doesn't work... may just need some mods. (It was something I found on the web from 2015).  

Can anyone help me with this?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/need-script-to-export-all-layer-names-into-an-excel-sheet-o...

Thanks in advance!

Scott

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, How to, Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's better to ask same question in that topic instead of 'duplicating' existing one.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reprimand but still doesn't help.  Total novice at this, just trying to get friendly help!

Sorry if I duplicated a question...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it's my ACP role to say it when there's need 😉

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard for me to script... Easy for me to write a single line of code for ExifTool:

exiftool -csv -ext .psd -LayerNames 'Mac OS Path to PSD/Input Folder' > 'Mac OS Path to/output file.csv'

(Note: Win OS uses straight double quotes around file paths that contain spaces) 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Will give this a try and assuming it works on PC versionas well.  Much appreciated!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great!  Thanks again for the help!

Best-

S

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the thanks! Depending on end-use, further text/string manipulation may be required.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines