• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting Listener not working in Photoshop 2020 for mac

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install the scripting listener plugin on my mac powerbook 2015, but it's not working for some reason.

So to describe what I've done:

I quit out of photoshop.

I download the zip from this url, the mac ps 2020 link. 

ScriptingListener plug-in

I get the zip in my downloads, double click it and it gives me 1 file "ScriptingListener.plugin" - not the 3 folders it claims it will. I drop that file into the folder 

Applications\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Plug-ins\

Start photoshop 2020. 

It says that there's supposed to be a log file on my desktop, but I don't see that happening.

I think the plugin isn't loading. I go to Help > System Info and scroll down and it says that no optional plugins are loaded. 

Can anyone shed light on what I'm supposed to do?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac and if so did the Terminal-solution actually work for you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe that I got that error message running Mojave 10.14.6 so I didn't think this was relavent, but did end up being able to allow the pugin to be recognized by Photoshop just using the system preferences Security & Privacy to get it to at least say it's loaded. Unfortunately even though it now shows up in Photoshop's Help > System Info, I still am not seeing the log file on the desktop.

I tried to set it up on my other computer, a mac pro 2018 running Catalina 10.15.3, and did see the trusted developer error, and was able to get it to load and actually work by allowing it in the system preferences Security & Privacy. Loading photoshop again after allowing it there, the same dialogue showed up again with the option to "open" rather than just cancel or move to trash, and after doing so it showed up in Help > System Info.

I'm thinking it works in Catalina, though it could be the photoshop version, the Mojave machine running PS 21.0.1 and the Catalina machine running 21.1.1.

I was able to get the script listener for Photoshop 2019 to work as described on the page I initially linked on the Mojave machine. -So I have options on either machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Photoshop to 21.1.1, and it now seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of photoshop elements 2020 and downloaded the new scripting listener plugin from adobe. i got all the error messages to go away but i still dont see that the plugin is working nor do i see the log file on my desktop. what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tried the script listener with Photoshop Elements, and I'm not sure if you are on Mac or Windows. If you're on Mac, have you looked at your Security and Privacy system preferences? I saw a note on the bottom of the General tab that said Photoshop was trying to access, and I had to approve it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i have mac and using catalina. i allowed access from my preferences and got the error message to stop popping up when i opened photoshop but it looks like its still not working. i was using this plugin on my other version of PSE and worked just fine. Just cant get the .log to come up on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Help > System Info in the menus of Photoshop and scroll down, does it list it under optional plugins? -Just something to check, for debugging it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to download the Scripting Listener plugin for Photoshop 2019 and earlier

from here ScriptingListener plug-in

then if your using macOS Catalina, follow the directions here by Dirk Becker to unquarantine the scripting listener plugin

Plugin error with Mac OS Catalina

Photoshop elements 2010 is based on an older photoshop version than photoshop 2020, which is why you want the scripting listener plugin for photoshop 2019 and earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directions here by Dirk_Becker work for photoshop and are better and easier to understand than the adobe directions.

Plugin error with Mac OS Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did it end up working? I still have the issue and the solutions below don't really work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2021, on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which macOS do you have?

You can tell by goig to Apple>About This Mac

athm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines