• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling issue when using Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I draw frequently on my Surface Pro 4 using both a Bamboo Ink and Wacom intuos, and have run into an issue where when drawing, vertical motions with a tablet pen result in scrolling up and down instead of drawing. There's no visible on-screen cursor (no hand icon) and it only happens with photoshop- no issues with paint or SAI or any other drawing program. This occurred after updating my Surface this morning, and it was working with no issue immediately prior to updating. I've tried reinstalling drivers for both the Ink and Intuos, deleting Photoshop and reinstalling from scratch, restarting and updating my computer, all to no avail. Any possible solutions to this issue?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Everyone!

The problem got fixed with the latest windows update from yesterday - April 23, 2018 - KB4093105 :

"Addresses an issue that might cause some users to experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just happened to me.

I believe it's because of the last windows update.

Go to: Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Installed Updates. Look for the recent ones;

For me there were 3, I uninstalled 2 of them, the third one is 'uninstallable'.

I didn't have much time to test it, but I think the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, thank you! I uninstalled the security update for windows and it seems to be in working condition now.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long did it take to uninstall the update? When I click uninstall it just sits there unresponsive and I can't click anything. Should I just hold my breath?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.. it didn't take very long! Just a couple of minutes and then it'll tell you to restart the system. Perhaps you have some things opened that could possibly be slowing down your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I was losing my mind until I tried this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The latest windows update (KB4093112)  has caused an issue with the Wacom tablet and Photoshop.

You can either - undo the update

or

Do the following:

1. Use notepad to create a text file and type in :

UseSystemStylus 0

2. Save the file as PSUserConfig.txt in the following location
C: > Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 > Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

3. Go to the Wacom tablet properties and for Photoshop under Mapping  uncheck "Use Windows Ink"

That is it - all should now work well

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you are using a Surface tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely new to Windows.

How do I go on about doing the whole "C: > Users > Username >..."?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"

I'm completely new to Windows.

How do I go on about doing the whole "C: > Users > Username >..."?

"

Username in this case is a placeholder, you should replace it with your windows username. Also I think the folders are hidden by default, so you might want to check your folder settings in windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to look in this location

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings

Also you'll need to go to File Explorer > View and enable this option "Hidden items

hiddenfiles.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only get as far as...Users/username/Appdata/Roaming  then my only two choices are Media Center Programs or Microsoft.  I tried both of those and neither one leads me to Adobe Photoshop.  Any suggestions???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot, you should be seeing something like this, have you enable "Hidden items" as I mentioned above

location.jpg

If you're not seeing the Photoshop folder there's something wrong with the install

Can you post your Photoshop system info, go to Help > System Info and copy and paste the info in this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man I just made a strange discovery about my computer thanks to this. I have a Surface Pro and I was going into the C drive and discovered my c drive is kinda screwy. So after going into users and to appData there is no Roaming. Is my computer screwed up and do I have to set it to factory reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me this solution sadly disables pressure sensitivity 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super Thanks man! I'm almost crack my head open this night, you saved me a good portion of living brain cells

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You solved my issue, thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brillinat!  This worked for me even when uninstalling the security update failed.  Thank you, sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(How ironic that I misspelled "brilliant"!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeeeeeeeeeessss!!! Thank you, Dave! You've really helped me! Moreover, you've saved me, and not only me!

As you had advised, I created that text file, put it into the PS settings folder, unchecked the W-Ink and tada-a-am - it works!

I almost got crazy. I updated PS, I reinstalled PS, I updated, reversed and updated again the Wacom drivers, I danced around my computer like a shaman with jungle drum, but nothing. You are my Savior!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had this issue yesterday with both my huion tablets, sadly thought it was an issue with windows ink and decided to reformat my pc.  Found the notepad fix from another thread when it still occurred, can Adobe push this problem through to Microsoft please?  Feels like I'm getting nothing but issues at the moment from both adobe and Microsoft updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also, could anyone explain the difference between the two methods of using notepad file v uninstalling the update?  Will the notepad fix possibly cause issues elsewhere - any benefits lost by bypassing windows ink in favour of wintab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The text file fix (PSUserConfig) only changes Photoshop. It tells Photoshop to use the WinTab APIs for pen pressure/tilt etc.

So disabling Windows Ink in the tablet driver stops the canvas issue, the text file then restores the use of pen pressure.

The advantage of that method is that It allows you to keep the Windows update.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There's another fix supplied by the people that broke it namely Microsoft, it involves added a registry key

More info

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windowsink/comments/8508fi/controlling_pen_behavior_in_windows_10 /

You need to add the following in an elevated command prompt and then hit return

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, that's pretty crazy - 27 days ago - so presume this issue was present on insider builds and Microsoft decided to deploy it anyway!  Thanks for posting that, think I'll stick with the notepad method for now as I dont trust changing the registry to not cause other problems down the line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines