• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby Zoom changed in 21.2 ACR - DIFFERENT FROM PHOTOSHOP

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior (like forever prior) to 21.2, you could scrubby zoom in ACR just like in Photoshop, hold command-space (or option-space) and scrub. Now, it works different--it puts you in scrubby zoom by default. I guess this is OK, but it drives me crazy, especially when I open the Camera Filter from within Photoshop.

Drives me crazy. Is there a setting to put it back before 21.2 was foisted on me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl or Cmd k while in ACR to reach Preferences and checkmark"Use Lightroom Style" and see if that helps.

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 1.39.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Still waiting..."

?

Did the answer from @gener7 on 27 June work for you or did you not see it? If you can't see it, we can post it again.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution doesn't work.  Maybe that's why he is still waiting.  I'd also like a solution, (that works.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The zoom scrubby slider without keyboard dates back at least a year as explained here:

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/07/a-complete-guide-to-shortcuts-for-adobe-camera-raw-2.html

POSTED ON 07-07-2020

• Click -drag left/right to zoom out/in with the Zoom tool (Scrubby Zoom).

The answer to your question is, no. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad.  Guess this is another "enhancement" that nobody asked for.  I've been using PS since CS2.  Every time Adobe pushes out another major update, I've got to figure out the "improved" way to do the same thing that I've been doing for 15 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rbellphoto wrote:

Too bad.  Guess this is another "enhancement" that nobody asked for.  I've been using PS since CS2.  Every time Adobe pushes out another major update, I've got to figure out the "improved" way to do the same thing that I've been doing for 15 years.

What makes you guess no one asked for it? 

I've been using PS since about two months after it's release (1.0.7; 1990). It has changed and will continue to change. 

Yes, we all have to 'figure out' the new enhancements and I've provided on really good resource to do so for ACR.

You can of course make a feature request for a modifer key so the scrubby slider doesn't work as it does now. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What makes you guess no one asked for it?"
Typically, it's based upon the significant amount of online chatter that shows up after an enhancement.  Usually along the lines of "How do I do what I used to do?" alongside "Who the heck asked for this?"

FYI, prior to starting with Photoshop, I worked as computer programmer going back to when I ran everything from two floppy disks.  Computers/software are not intimidating to me.  I'm all for improving software, (to add features and improve performance,) but making changes that results in having to relearn the program environment isn't cost/time productive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you didn't answer my question about your guess.

I answered yours, with the facts.

As such, we are done here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @rbellphoto 

Starting today, the feedback forum has merged with this forum. Can you please start a new thread and tag it as bug or idea so that the engineers will be sure to see it and track it? Be clear about the issue and how you would like it to work.

573A69B8-6BF1-451A-8540-8BBDF009C7F6.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines