• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scrubby zoom greyed out on photoshop 21.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i've used photoshop to draw for almost two years now and have had little issuses. i've had issues with scrubby zoom before, but all i've had to do was restart photoshop and the problem was fixed. ive restarted photoshop and my computer a few times to no avail, scrubby zoom is still greyed out.

i only updated to photoshop 21.2 today. the issue was not present until after the update. i dont know if this is relevant.

here is what i've tried that i've seen on other posts.

-reset all brush presets

-reset all prefrences

-i've turned my gpu settings to basic

-use graphics processor is checked in graphics processsor settings

-in advanced settings, opencl and use graphics processer to accelerate is greyed out

-in windoes settings, set photoshop to highest performance

not sure of this is a bug for 21.2? is there any workaround or fix i haven't tried? scrubby zoom is essential for my work.

edit: when i click "reset tool" on the magifying glass scrubby zoom becomes checked, but is still greyed out. when i attempt to zoom, it is not scrubby zoom. when zoom action is completed they greyed out box unchecks (??)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Hi this may be a bug so wait for some more update.....regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Hi Everyone,

So as this is a new thread just a few months old, I wanted to add to the ongoing discussion.

I've been breaking my head for the last few weeks due to a sudden slow performance in Photoshop, greyed out features like Scrubby Zoom, Lighting Effects, OpenCL Option and worst of all, the Detected Graphics Processor area blank, when it previously showed my GPU details.

Although I have a great gaming PC with Nvidia GTX 960 GPU and all of these above features were working and its performance

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be a bug so wait for some more update.....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for letting me know, i hope it is a fix comes soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem! After installing 21.2 scrubby zoom and all other GPU related functions stop working for no reason. It was working on this system for years...

PS: I've downgraded to 21.1.3 and everything starts working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've done the same! thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem downgrade to 21.2.3 helps. Problem is with GPU support

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are issues with Photoshop version 21.2  doesn' t recognize some GPU's and it has been reported to Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

The only option is to revert back to 21.1.3.

Hopefully Adobe ill fix in next update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So as this is a new thread just a few months old, I wanted to add to the ongoing discussion.

I've been breaking my head for the last few weeks due to a sudden slow performance in Photoshop, greyed out features like Scrubby Zoom, Lighting Effects, OpenCL Option and worst of all, the Detected Graphics Processor area blank, when it previously showed my GPU details.

Although I have a great gaming PC with Nvidia GTX 960 GPU and all of these above features were working and its performance was super smooth before the new updates to Photoshop.

I tried many of the suggestions from different threads within Photoshop (too many to mention here), rolled back my Nvidia Graphics Driver, updated to a new one, tried changing settings form the Nvidia Control Panel, etc. and nothing seemed to work at all . . . Until I finally found this thread.

I just tried it a minute before writing this post and I can attest to it, downgrading to 21.1.3 worked and my Photoshop now works superfast with all the advanced features and the Detected Graphics Processor area now mentions my Graphics Card details perfectly.

Thanks to those who suggested this solution here and hope Adobe fixes this in a future update soon. It is unfortunate to see new updates that downgrade performance and features like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is ongoing.

@adobe don't sell software if it doesn't work, nor make it impossible to find older versions that do work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this problem after last update. This is why I rarely update PS when a new version is available, instead I usually wait a few weeks or months until there are no reports of bugs. But this time, I updated thinking it would be ok. It wasn't. Thanks Adobe. What a waste of time trying to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried EVERYTHING to get my scrubby zoom back.

I went back to PS21 and RESET all my preferences and dialogue boxes.

When I restared... ITS BACK!!!

I'm not sure if you have to scream and cry a little, but it's a step I  implimented throughout my troubleshooting. 

Hope that works for ya.

I'm on PC

TH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea its back with next update 21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this working? Im beside myself troubleshooting. 
This is literally costing me money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, this thread is a few months old now and i haven't used photoshop since the recent update, but when this happened to me i had to downgrade to a previous version to get it to come back. maybe that's the issue now. if it still doest work after that i have no idea what else to do. sorry about that bud.
adobe pls stop releasing broken updates lolol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate quick feedback.

I have already downgraded as far back as I can go... plus a thousand other tricks that are floating around da interwebs.

My computer is silly fast.  Not sure what's going on.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.7
2 x EVGA GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 
128GB Kit (8 x 16GB) HyperX Predator DDR4

bbbeh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damn bruh youre screwed i am so sorry. i hope you get it figured out. i'm not that techy so i'm assumming you've troubleshooted all you can, maybe try to get in contact with adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah... it worked for me for about 1hour.
Now i can't scrubby zoom.

This is such garbage.

TH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I might be able to help out with somthing that worked for me. In reguards to scrubbing zoom. The only solution I have with this was to go back to an older update. I had previously gone all the way back to the 2020 version but I wanted to see what update was causing the issue with scrubbing zoom. I found in my case that Photoshop 22.1.1 worked for me best. It eliminated lag and scrubbing zoom was working reliably.

If you are wondering my specs, although not as fast i would say still within the same bracket

I7 9700K Unlocked

MSI Geforce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G

16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thomas. I would like to try that, going back to ver. 22.1.1.

My optimized for PS system started running slow, rendering is glitchy at times, and there's no scrubby zoom feature, which I use daily.

But how do you go back? Are older versions available for download/downgrade?

My PC system:

i5-10600K

MSI GeForce GTX 1660 6GB

64GB (2x32GB) DDR4 3600Mhz

3 PCIe M.2 drives, one ea. for app, scratch, and media.

I notice we both have MSI graphics cards. I wonder if there is an incompatibility issue going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Adobe Creative Cloud on your PC you should be able to go to previous versions and there you will find Photoshop 22.1.1

This link goes into more details on how to do so: Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps (adobe.com)

Reguarding our graphics cards being an incompatible issue i feel is unlikly as most cards, regardless of make (MSI) within your spec are relatively the same. But its worth checking if you have the latest drivers for your card as this could help out.

link to download drivers:  Download Drivers | NVIDIA

Hope this helps   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, is there a fix now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the v 22.4 update and it fixed this issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the v22.4 and it wont even let me open a PSD or close the application.

Is this just my PC? What's happening adobe, microsoft, buler, anyone.
Such a bummer.

Jealous_0-1624559177409.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I've been having this issue lately too, but to add another wrinkle to te problem, I've found that I am only having this issue when I have several files open at once and it only effects the last few files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This exact same issue is happening to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines