Highlighted

scrubby zoom greyed out on photoshop 21.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i've used photoshop to draw for almost two years now and have had little issuses. i've had issues with scrubby zoom before, but all i've had to do was restart photoshop and the problem was fixed. ive restarted photoshop and my computer a few times to no avail, scrubby zoom is still greyed out.

i only updated to photoshop 21.2 today. the issue was not present until after the update. i dont know if this is relevant.

here is what i've tried that i've seen on other posts.

-reset all brush presets

-reset all prefrences

-i've turned my gpu settings to basic

-use graphics processor is checked in graphics processsor settings

-in advanced settings, opencl and use graphics processer to accelerate is greyed out

-in windoes settings, set photoshop to highest performance

not sure of this is a bug for 21.2? is there any workaround or fix i haven't tried? scrubby zoom is essential for my work.

edit: when i click "reset tool" on the magifying glass scrubby zoom becomes checked, but is still greyed out. when i attempt to zoom, it is not scrubby zoom. when zoom action is completed they greyed out box unchecks (??)

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

scrubby zoom greyed out on photoshop 21.2

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i've used photoshop to draw for almost two years now and have had little issuses. i've had issues with scrubby zoom before, but all i've had to do was restart photoshop and the problem was fixed. ive restarted photoshop and my computer a few times to no avail, scrubby zoom is still greyed out.

i only updated to photoshop 21.2 today. the issue was not present until after the update. i dont know if this is relevant.

here is what i've tried that i've seen on other posts.

-reset all brush presets

-reset all prefrences

-i've turned my gpu settings to basic

-use graphics processor is checked in graphics processsor settings

-in advanced settings, opencl and use graphics processer to accelerate is greyed out

-in windoes settings, set photoshop to highest performance

not sure of this is a bug for 21.2? is there any workaround or fix i haven't tried? scrubby zoom is essential for my work.

edit: when i click "reset tool" on the magifying glass scrubby zoom becomes checked, but is still greyed out. when i attempt to zoom, it is not scrubby zoom. when zoom action is completed they greyed out box unchecks (??)

TOPICS
Bug, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 27, 2020 3
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be a bug so wait for some more update.....regards

Ali Sajjad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for letting me know, i hope it is a fix comes soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem! After installing 21.2 scrubby zoom and all other GPU related functions stop working for no reason. It was working on this system for years...

PS: I've downgraded to 21.1.3 and everything starts working again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've done the same! thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem downgrade to 21.2.3 helps. Problem is with GPU support

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are issues with Photoshop version 21.2  doesn' t recognize some GPU's and it has been reported to Adobe

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/bug-in-photoshop-version-21-2-not-detecting-o...

The only option is to revert back to 21.1.3.

Hopefully Adobe ill fix in next update

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2020 2
Zain PS LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So as this is a new thread just a few months old, I wanted to add to the ongoing discussion.

I've been breaking my head for the last few weeks due to a sudden slow performance in Photoshop, greyed out features like Scrubby Zoom, Lighting Effects, OpenCL Option and worst of all, the Detected Graphics Processor area blank, when it previously showed my GPU details.

Although I have a great gaming PC with Nvidia GTX 960 GPU and all of these above features were working and its performance was super smooth before the new updates to Photoshop.

I tried many of the suggestions from different threads within Photoshop (too many to mention here), rolled back my Nvidia Graphics Driver, updated to a new one, tried changing settings form the Nvidia Control Panel, etc. and nothing seemed to work at all . . . Until I finally found this thread.

I just tried it a minute before writing this post and I can attest to it, downgrading to 21.1.3 worked and my Photoshop now works superfast with all the advanced features and the Detected Graphics Processor area now mentions my Graphics Card details perfectly.

Thanks to those who suggested this solution here and hope Adobe fixes this in a future update soon. It is unfortunate to see new updates that downgrade performance and features like this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0