• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrubby Zoom not working on first opened Project?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, Scrubby Zoom does not work at all on the first project opened, whether it be a new one or existing one. On the second and any after projects opened it works just fine. I can go back between the 2 projects and the first one launched would still be disabled. I've tried every combination of  performance settings and driver updates. It's a bit annoying to work around every time. Any ideas? I'm on CS6. Only just upgraded my motherboard,cpu, and ram.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that scrubby zoom is not working in Photoshop CS6 after you've upgraded your computer. Please try the steps below:

• Go to the Preferences of Photoshop , Click on Edit>Preferences.
  • In there go to the Performance Tab, once there please click on Show Advanced Settings under " Use Graphics Processor".
  • There you will find the option for " Open GL". Please check that this is enabled/checked. 
  • If it's enabled and scrubby zoom still does not work, reset the app preferences. See https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned, no changes in the options makes a difference.

Open GL on or off, basic/normal/advanced modes, changing scratch disks, reinstalling photoshop, nothing.

It works, but ONLY on projects opened after the first one which is annoying. The first project on photoshop launch will never allow me to use scrubby zoom. I can open the exact same project after closing it, and it will work. But thats super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be very frustrating. What operating system are you using?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Barb, I'm currently on Windows 10. I was on 8.1 before.

I have just tried Photoshop CC Trial and I'm getting the exact same bug. Did a clean uninstall of cs6 before moving on too.

Edit: Also if it helps, I've tested on both 32 and 64 bits. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines