• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

select a brush stroke in photoshop. just one.

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to select a single brush stroke in photo shop?

I just need to select specific strokes and change the color, and not the whole layer. I can't imagine such an expensive piece of software would not have this capability. I've been trying for a probably 20 minutes now and I've been looking online even longer and I have found no practical solution. Please help!!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Once you have made a brush stroke in Photoshop, you have pixels on a layer. If each brush stroke is on its own layer, it will be easy. If not, you might try other methods to select, depending on the image. If you show a screen shot, we may be able to help with a method, if there is one.

If you do this in Illustrator, the brush stroke is on a path, which can then be selected with the Selection tool.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you here is a screenshot the square marquee is over a exsampel of something that I would be wanting to change the color of I can just select it I guess.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 181923.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines