• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select a default anti-aliasing method? Mine by default is "none."

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I recently updated to Photoshop 2021, and I noticed that the default anti-aliasing setting for text is set to "none," which of course, looks jagged and terrible. My previous version of Photoshop used to select one of the text anti-aliasing methods automatically for me. Is there a way for me to set the default for anti-aliasing to "crisp" (or anything other than "none")?

I'm using Mac OS 10.15.7.

Thanks!
Mo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Hi @Moriah5C10 

The options in the options bar are sticky, meaning that when you choose settings, Photoshop remembers them until you change them again. Try resetting the Type tool. Right-click it in the options bar (not Tools panel) and choose Reset Tool. What does it show for anti-aliasing now?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Moriah5C10 

The options in the options bar are sticky, meaning that when you choose settings, Photoshop remembers them until you change them again. Try resetting the Type tool. Right-click it in the options bar (not Tools panel) and choose Reset Tool. What does it show for anti-aliasing now?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the text tool did it! Thank you! Now, when I restart Photoshop and open a new document, it remembers "crisp" or whatever my last anti-aliasing setting was instead of defaulting to "none." Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @Moriah5C10. I'm glad it's working for you now!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines