• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask Issues

New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Select and Mask stopped working properly when it had been running fine for weeks before. As far as I know, nothing changed with my hardware so I have no clue what the issue could be. 

Basically, if I go back into Select and Mask after the mask is already created, it won't show me what's masked out even if I use overlay and have the opacity way down. It's very frustrating and really slows down my workflow, not to mention the brushes also lag extremely bad when using Select and Mask, and make it almost impossible to use. I had someone look at my computer and he found nothing wrong with it, the specs on my computer are above the minimum required, and I even tried lowering Photoshop's performance to basic but it didn't work. Does anybody else have this issue, or know what the cause could be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue and have been reading forums. Here's what worked for me: when you open "Select and Mask" look in the Properties. Make sure "Show Edge" is NOT checked. As soon as I did that, my selection showed. Took me a while to figure out, but that's what did it for me. Hope it helps you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your advice, but sadly it didn't fix my issue. Thank you for trying to help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you tell us more about your computer system setup? Which OS? Specs on the computer?
And, just to make sure- you'd clicked on the layer mask on your layer, before you go back into Select and Mask?

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I double checked that I had the mask selected when I went into Select and Mask and I still had the same issue. I'm using Windows 10 with 16 GB of RAM, and there's still 713 GB of space on my hard disk. I have the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Core Processor, which is supposed to be 4.4 GHz. The graphics card I have is The GeForce RTX 2060. All of the drivers should be up to date. Let me know if you need more information, I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure what all information you need. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines