• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask Not Working. Photoshop CC 2021 Beta

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a new M1 MBP running the beta version of the app. When I edit the mask of a layer is seems to preview and work as expected but when I confirm the new mask (click "OK") the mask does not update properly.  Not sure if this is a beta bug or user error.  I've been able to work around by making a selection then hitting the layer mask button, but it'd be better if select and mask interfaceapplied changes properly.  See seasonly themed example below. 

Snowman with current mask missing arms:

kevinc44947579_0-1607902055205.png

Select and Mask interface with desired updates to mask:

kevinc44947579_1-1607902270967.png

Result after clicking OK:

kevinc44947579_2-1607902325409.png

Just tried intel based PS CC 2021 thru rosetta so I'm assuming it's a beta bug.

Correct me otherwise!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you, I am using the new Mac book pro running the new silicon M1 chip. From what I can understand is since we are using a beta version I do not think the system can process, especially running through rosetta. I unfortunately can't even get it to select a subject. It always give me the message "Couldn’t find a subject to select. There might not be prominent objects in the image." I have even went to youtube and tried their tutorial images to make sure my images weren't the issue. I hope this updates, I look forward to utilizing this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as well, on a new Mac Mini with the M1 chip as well. It's super annoying, as it worked perfectly in the previous version, and is now costing me a lot of time. Like the commenter above, every time I try it says it cannot find the subject. I also hope this gets fixed soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I had the same problem and I don't use Rosetta on my mac so I don't think the problem comes from here. 
Here what worked for me : I clicked on "Select & mask", and at the top right, there a little arrow going down, and here you can reset the settings of "select and mask". It all went back to normal for me after that.
 Hope it helps! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I right clicked and rasterized the vector masked and it finally worked! I had read so many different forums, reset my preferences, updated my photoshop etc. and this is what worked for me. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines