• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and Mask stuttering, gaps in brush - new graphics card?

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look after the IT in our small office. Our graphic designer has a Windows 10 machine with an SSD drive, 16gig of RAM and an internal graphics CPU which is an AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Computer Cores 4C+8G 3.70 GHz.

Up until very recently, it has coped very well running all the Adobe suite software e.g. photoshop/illustrator/premiere pro. A few weeks ago the select and mask stopped working as normal with Photoshop version 22.3. When you draw a line with any size brush, it lags badly with the line drawn being stuttered/gappy so it can't be continuous. This seems to be the only tool that is affected in this way performance-wise.

I've updated the Radeon drivers to the latest, made sure Windows is up to date and tried various tweaks to the Preference settings within Photoshop, but nothing fixes the issue. The earliest version of Photoshop we could install from the Creative Cloud (a 2020 version) works fine though.

Having been onto Adobe, they say the graphics processor is too old and needs updating. This may be the case but it galls me to have to do this when I have a same age office machine running a 3.10ghz Pentium G3240 with internal GPU, where the select and mask tool works fine on the most recent Photoshop.

Not sure what else to do other than buy a new graphics card but don't want to spend too much...what's the best value card (new or old) that will run this tool well?

Thanks

Dan

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?