Select and Mask workspace will not open

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following a tutorial on compositing milky way pictures and I get to this point:

michaelm2561524_0-1619290444779.png

I have painted black on the mask to reveal the sky from the layer below.  I would now like to use select and mask to refine the mask by blending the the hill and tree line with the sky.  If I follow the tutorial and right click the mask and select "select and mask" I get this:

michaelm2561524_1-1619290762820.png

The properties page of select and mask is no where to be seen.  The mask which I am trying to refine is disabled so I am only seeing on the foreground.  The tool palette is changed to that used by select and mask.  There seems to be a conflict with my palette setup or ......?

I spent a couple of hours on the forum trying to figure this out to no avail.  I have reset PS preferences and tried accessing select and mask in other ways.  No joy.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am running Windows 10 and PS release 22.3.1.

Mike Mulcahy

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?