Select Color Range causes PS to not respond

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear PS dev team! I can replicate this error with 100% success every time.

Choosing Select -> Color Range -> then from here I can do any number of steps until dragging either of the Range or Fuzziness sliders, at which point the entire application ceases to respond from any user input.

Important to note it's not freezing the application as I can still drag windows around and the "OK" and "Cancel" button's UI still react to a hovering mouse, but clicking them does nothing. The only option is to force quit PS from the dock (the top toolbar is also not responding)

Thanks and have a great day!

MacOS Catalina - 10.15.7

PS Version - 22.0.1

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select Color Range causes PS to not respond

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear PS dev team! I can replicate this error with 100% success every time.

Choosing Select -> Color Range -> then from here I can do any number of steps until dragging either of the Range or Fuzziness sliders, at which point the entire application ceases to respond from any user input.

Important to note it's not freezing the application as I can still drag windows around and the "OK" and "Cancel" button's UI still react to a hovering mouse, but clicking them does nothing. The only option is to force quit PS from the dock (the top toolbar is also not responding)

Thanks and have a great day!

MacOS Catalina - 10.15.7

PS Version - 22.0.1

2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

TOPICS
Bug, Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having the same problem with Color Range freezing Photoshop.  MAC OS 10.15.7 and PS 22.0.1.  I have not noticed any side effects using other tools.  I've reset the tools which does not stop Color Range from freezing.  What is interesting that after adding some values with the sliders there is this significant pause and then suddently my photo goes through the various processes I tried to activate.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0