Highlighted

Select Color Range... seems to hang Photoshop 22.0.0

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. For the developers, Select Colour Range... is failing in PS 22.0.0 on a Mac Pro Catalina 10.15.7.

It seems to work when I pick the first colour and then change to the "add" colour picker. Where the problem occurs is when I go to the sliders (Fuzziness or Range). If I try to slide the fuzziness, everything stops, as in, nothing I do will allow me back into the image and I must force quit the app and restart the image. I can duplicate this error every time and now I cannot use the Select Colour Range... command anymore.

Another issue I noticed is that it takes five minutes to save a 1Gb PSD to an 8Tb SSD/PCI with 4Tb of free space. I timed the Mac spinning ball of death for that long before the image finally closed and Ps quit.

I know that there is always a period of oopsy before the next version corrects the most egregious problems, I will keep an eye out for the next update and maybe the Select Colour Range will work again.

Thank you and have a great day, Rick.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Select Color Range... seems to hang Photoshop 22.0.0

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. For the developers, Select Colour Range... is failing in PS 22.0.0 on a Mac Pro Catalina 10.15.7.

It seems to work when I pick the first colour and then change to the "add" colour picker. Where the problem occurs is when I go to the sliders (Fuzziness or Range). If I try to slide the fuzziness, everything stops, as in, nothing I do will allow me back into the image and I must force quit the app and restart the image. I can duplicate this error every time and now I cannot use the Select Colour Range... command anymore.

Another issue I noticed is that it takes five minutes to save a 1Gb PSD to an 8Tb SSD/PCI with 4Tb of free space. I timed the Mac spinning ball of death for that long before the image finally closed and Ps quit.

I know that there is always a period of oopsy before the next version corrects the most egregious problems, I will keep an eye out for the next update and maybe the Select Colour Range will work again.

Thank you and have a great day, Rick.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 2
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Color Range.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Seems to hang when I adjust the fuzziness. On MAC OS 10.15.7.  

Restarted 3 times, same thing every time,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2020 0