• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Pixels - How can I assign a keyboard shortcut ??

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Except for Ctrl + Click Layer selection or Convert to an Action function.

How can I assign a hotkey to such a critically important feature of Photoshop, I cannot see this function in the key assignment panel.

Can someone please inform me about this?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the problem with using an Action in this case? 

Screenshot 2021-03-08 at 15.55.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C.Pfaffenbichler

Going to keys like "F2, F3, F4" with "Shift" or "Control" key combinations on the keyboard causes a lot of effort, so for a more optimal result, "Shift + S", "Shift + A" etc .. much more. it is efficient and offers a profitable approach in terms of time in the long term.

For this reason, using Action shortcuts or clicking on the object by going to the Layer panel does not give efficient results in frequent use.

Thanks for your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst case you could create a Script which can be assigned a Shortcut viw Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi C.Pfaffenbichler

I did a little research on the internet, I found a few script examples, but unfortunately, none of them could perform the Ctrl + Click operation. Could you tell me what is wrong with the example here?

Thanks for all your efforts.

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/98028/photoshop-javascript-how-to-select-contents-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines