Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select Subject Crash

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know there are a few other posts in regard to this issue but we are now heading into June 2020 and this issue still persists. Every time I use 'Select Subject' or the 'Object Selection Tool' my PC instantly crashes and restarts.

PC Specs:

Intel i9-9940X

Geforce RTX 2080 Ti

32GB DDR4

Are there any updates or fixes for this issue? I have the latest version of Photoshop and Windows is up to date. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Photoshop cannot crash a modern OS the problem is not Adobe’s doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Conor,

We have acknowledged crash and freeze issue while using the select subject tool in Photoshop and our engineering team working on the fix. You can turn off the Graphics Processor from the Photoshop preferences as a workaround for this issue for now. If you want you can add your vote here for this issue: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-2-select-subject-crashing-freezi...

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1. This update addresses several workflow bugs, crashes, canvas drawing errors and painting issues. To check what's in the 21.2.1 update, refer to the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop.

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for you and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,
Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

v 22.0.1 still crashes
----
Adobe Photoshop Version: 22.0.1 20201106.r.73 2020/11/06: 70b4743b574 x64
Operating System: Mac OS 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines