Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SELECT SUBJECT

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i was trying to find the new select subject tool in photoshop today after updating the photoshop to version 19.1.0, but while editing i did not find the option of select subject even after the update, i am using a windows 7 ultimate 8 gb ram 64 bit windows based system for using photoshop, kindly advise as to how i can access the new elect subject feature in photoshop.

thanks !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Hey Jeffery

Thanks for your kind interest and prompt reply, but it appears that i was able to solve the problem and finally got the Select Subject option in  my Photoshop CC 2018. The fix was relatively simple for me, i just uninstalled the application and this time at the time of uninstall through creative cloud, i removed all the app preferences unlike the previous attempt wherein i had kept my app preferences, after the uninstall, when i reinstalled the application, it worked totally fine with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Select > Subject is absent?

Could you please post a screenshot of the expanded menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear

i have attached the screenshots and i even uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it again from the creative cloud installer, still the option is not visible, the screenshots i have attached are from the version after updation and re-install.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are the screenshotsNew-Picture-(1).jpgNew-Picture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that’s 19.1.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i am attaching the version info screenshot for your reference. Also since i am from outside U.S. , i.e. i am from India, so is it a possibility that this update has yet not been rolled out for my country or even worse, we would not be able to use this feature here at all? This is really heartbreaking!New-Picture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would seem peculiar.

I suspected a menu item might have been hidden but then the menu should include a »show all«-item (or something similar).

Do you have access to another computer to verify whether the item is absent there, too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid, i do not have photoshop installed on any of my other systems because mostly, i only use my laptop for my editing work & arranging my pictures with lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for generic trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, i deleted the photoshop settings file and reset preferences, but still the "Select Subject " option is nowhere to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help > System Info... and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeffery

Thanks for your kind interest and prompt reply, but it appears that i was able to solve the problem and finally got the Select Subject option in  my Photoshop CC 2018. The fix was relatively simple for me, i just uninstalled the application and this time at the time of uninstall through creative cloud, i removed all the app preferences unlike the previous attempt wherein i had kept my app preferences, after the uninstall, when i reinstalled the application, it worked totally fine with the missing Select Subject option now visible from both the selection tools and the select dropdown menu.

I hope this thread and this solution will help any other people facing a similar issue.

Many thanks to c.pfaffenbichler​ too for his efforts to help me solve the issue!

You guys are great!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm finding this thread six months after is began. I still do not have the "Select Subject" option. I am VERY reluctant to uninstall and reinstall by "removing all app preferences" (as suggested by agamb71925074). That would be counter productive - throw away a bunch of app settings to gain one? Not something I want to do. Will this get fixed in a future update? TY.

Photoshop CC (classic or whatever)

2017.1.4 Release

20180411.r.29 x64

Anticipating your next question - no, I have not installed Photoshop CC (cloud based).

Screenshot 2018-06-10 22.30.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines