• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Selected font failed during last operation...'

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a recurring problem for a while now but I only ever really needed to use the basic fonts, like Arial or Calibri...maybe even Comic Sans from time to time (:P), but now those have even 'failed' and there are seemingly no other fonts that are accessible. I have browsed around for other solutions but haven't seen anything that could help (being for earlier versions of Photoshop). Any help would be much appreciated.

fk photoshop.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aR1d,

Please take a look at the articles below as per your operating system and let us know if that helps.

Troubleshoot font problems | Windows or Troubleshoot fonts in Adobe applications | Mac OS X

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2017 Aug 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no solution from that, please check again this issue hit all photoshop users without solution ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried uninstalling, updating, and still getting the same issue. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a font management program? I have seen that error with Suitcase Fusion where it clears if you deactivate the font and then immediately reactivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this will help you or not but I was having the exact same problem and searched high and low and did not come up with a solution. One step that worked for a short while was to create a new profile. Once I did that I was able to see my missing fonts. However this only lasted until I rebooted my computer.

I finally uninstalled Suitcase Fusion and everything started working again. This is the last time I will install that program. I have been using it for about 10 years and it has caused more photoshop crashes that I can count and now it somehow corrupted the windows font library. Now I am able to see all my fonts and everything is working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem.  I don't use a font manager and NONE of my fonts are working... this is a nightmare!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have not said what your operating system is or the version of Photoshop you are using which makes helping you almost impossible.

If it's CC2017 and you are using Windows 10 try deleting the CT Font Cache folder and restarting the computer

It is located at

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017\CT Font Cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what fixed mine (Windows 10):

• Go to the windows start menu, and search "Show hidden files and folders"
  • Go to "Hidden files and folders" folder > Select the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" button > OK

( This allows you to see the App Data folder. )

• Navigate to your C Drive > Users > [Username] > App Data > Roaming > Adobe > [ Photoshop version ]
  • Delete the CT Font Cache folder
  • Restart photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  It was a very annoying error, so the help is really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  This fixed mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

designbymiranda  wrote

• Go to "Hidden files and folders" folder > Select the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" button > OK

• Navigate to your C Drive > Users > [Username] > App Data > Roaming > Adobe > [ Photoshop version ]
  • Restart photoshop

This didn't work for me until I added some steps.

• Close Photoshop

• Navigate to your C Drive > Users > [Username] > App Data > Roaming > Adobe [ Photoshop version ]
  • Make sure you have a local copy if each font that was used in the .psd file, then delete those fonts from Windows start menu > font settings. I had to delete fonts one by one. I couldn't find a way to discover what fonts were actually used in the .psd; had to remember what fonts I used.
  • Restart Photoshop. Confirmed the file can now be opened, although it now gives an error that the fonts are missing.
  • Close Photoshop. Reinstall fonts. Reopen the .psd which now works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a little update here this is 2024 and I had the same issue so to anyone who comes across this explanation just know that this is the answer. I did exactly as this post said and it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Selected font failed during last operation in Windows 10, Photoshop CC 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines