• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected text not indicated in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to 2021, the text handling has changed. Now, when I select part of the text to, say, change the font size, I don't see the selection. I also don't see the bounding box of the text when the text layer is selected. Adobe says it has a new  compositing engine and as of version 22, the Legacy Compositing checkbox is no longer available . This is what I would expect to see,  it's more difficult to work without it.

Can anyone help?

Sample.jpg

Brian Price

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me!.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences... > Performance > Advanced settings > Drawing Mode: Advanced 

that worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That just saved me, I was running 22.2.0 as it was the last version that was still stable and allowed me to use my GPU on my old iMac. Untill last night when creative cloud decided to turn on auto update on it's own for whatever reason and updated me to the lastest version of Photoshop. Once I reveterted back to 22.2.0 I was having the text not highlighting issue which never happened before, your solution fixed it. Thanks a lot adobe for updating the software to a version that is not fully compatible with my computer without my consent, I NEVER turned on auto-update because I already knew I could not go any further than 22.2.0 as I had already previously tried. Turned what should be a simple 5 minute job for a client this morning into an hour of troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines