Highlighted

Selected text not indicated in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to 2021, the text handling has changed. Now, when I select part of the text to, say, change the font size, I don't see the selection. I also don't see the bounding box of the text when the text layer is selected. Adobe says it has a new  compositing engine and as of version 22, the Legacy Compositing checkbox is no longer available . This is what I would expect to see,  it's more difficult to work without it.

Can anyone help?

Sample.jpg

Brian Price

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Selected text not indicated in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to 2021, the text handling has changed. Now, when I select part of the text to, say, change the font size, I don't see the selection. I also don't see the bounding box of the text when the text layer is selected. Adobe says it has a new  compositing engine and as of version 22, the Legacy Compositing checkbox is no longer available . This is what I would expect to see,  it's more difficult to work without it.

Can anyone help?

Sample.jpg

Brian Price

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me!.

Brian

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
t_pauli LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences... > Performance > Advanced settings > Drawing Mode: Advanced 

that worked for me 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 28, 2020 0