• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting graphics in layers has changed in Windows Version 19.1.4 - why?

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before version 19.1.4 20180507.r.325 2018/05/07: 1170750  x64 I was able to select a single graphic in a layer by

- pressing CTRL + rightclicking mouse

- choosing the layer the graphic is in

- keep CTRL pressed and move graphic in chosen layer around

This was possible, even if there were other graphics on topping layers hiding the graphic file I wanted to move.

Now, whenever I choose a layer, put the cursor above the graphic file and try to move it, the graphic in the upper layer gets automatically chosen.

I can only move a graphic, if I can "touch" it directly with the cursor.

Plus: In older versions I could simply choose a layer, press CTRL and move the graphics in that layer, even if they were out of the working window.

Now: I can only get them back using the arrow keys.

Why has that changed? How can I get the good old working mechanism back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An upgrade to 19.1.5 is available for Photoshop and it does fix a lot of problems. Try upgrading first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure I understood but I tried it in CC 19.1.5 and I think it works as should. When on left side of Tools Bar, Auto-Select option is disabled I can make active a layer by holding ctrl and then clicking a layer (if not completely hidden under ohter). Then without control I can RMB click again and holding it drag a layer where I want. When I want do drag a layer by clicking its part that is beyond work area, first I must click its visible part (with ctrl), and when it's active layer I can click without ctrl its invisible part to drag it. It works a little differnt when Auto-Select option is enabled. I checked also in CS6 EXTENDED and I think the only difference is that you couldn't use CTRL to switch Auto-Select option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines