Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection area doesn't show in Gaussian Blur, Motion Blur, Shape Blur Filters

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac/Photoshop CC 21.1.0.

Any selection (lasso, marquee, etc.), will not show via the Filter View.  For some reason, the filter view, for Gaussian Blur, Motion Blur, Shape Blur etc., will show an area at the bottom right of the image and not the selection.  I've attached an image for a visual.

I've reset my preferences, workspaces and uninstalled/reinstalled PS.  I'm thinking there may be a setting or configfile.

Any Tips to fix this?

Thank you for your time.  

KC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I recall it is the entire visible document.  You should be able to drag the preview to see another section of said document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  Does yours work that way or does the filter window automatically show the area selected?  That's how it used to work.  I know I can drag or click to that area after the window appears.  Why does mine select the bottom right of the window as the preview?  

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kcwhat Hi, did you ever figure this out? One of my friends is having the exact same issue and I've been trying to help... It's a real pain when doing frequency separation... we use gaussian blur a lot and having to keep moving the preview panel adds too much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines