• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selection tool jumps to adjustment layer

Advisor ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dragged a layer into a Smart Object to clone stamp from the added layer onto the Smart Object Layer.  This worked fine.  I closed the Smart Object, saving the changes and it looked great.  I reopened the Smart Object to contine my work and when I try to drag the added layer around the Selection tool jumps to the adjustment layer associated with the new added layer.  Why can't I move the Layer around?  I was initially able to do so.  Thanks.

bartonlew_0-1601437609910.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

The Move Tool is set to »Auto-Select«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Move Tool is set to »Auto-Select«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bartonlew ,

Per @c.pfaffenbichler , the Auto Select checkbox is enabled. You will find it on the the left side of your control bar at the top of the screen. When this is enabled, it automatically picks up what is topmost and being clicked on.

hth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If they are glabal anyway removing the Adjustment Layers’ Layer Masks would also prevent them from being auto-selected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines