• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selections will not delete on any layer in document

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC, Windows 10 version. I know there is probably a simple setting that I must have turned on somewhere, but I cannot delete any selected item using the marqee tool, wand, and even CTRL+A. These are raster layers. If I attempt to create a new layer via copy, Photoshop duplicates the whole layer and ignores the selection area. Lastly, these issues appear to be within only this one document, so there must be a document setting I am missing somewhere.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a Screenshot of your Layers panel…

You can't delete a selected «item» using the marqee tool... this would only delete a part of your Pixel-Layer.

Is there a feedback/dialog after trying to delete something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! Sure thing:

PS Screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for sending before I reponded to your question: no, there is no dialogue box or sound to indicate a keypress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it! Thanks for your help; I had accidentally struck CTRL+6 and had adctivated the quick mask channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines