• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Semi) Consistent crash from mystery "process" dialog

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me 21.2.1 has been incrediably unstable :(. I can almost consistently crash it now.  Here's what I am seeing more often than not.

When I open a DNG from Lightroom Classic it will open, but there is an odd mystery "progess" dialog that shows up.  There are no buttons on it, and the image is open behind it already.

How it looks deselected:

Arcterex_0-1595741259102.png

And selected:

Arcterex_2-1595741365726.png

The dialog will go behind photoshop as well, it's not modal.  Here's what it looks like in expose mode.

Arcterex_1-1595741334936.png

I can't close the dialog by clicking 'cancel' on it, but I can hit cmd-w with it selected and it will disappear.  However as soon as I do anything to the image after (make a path with the lasso tool, or even save it) PS just crashes.

Note: It seems like this might be related to photoshop not being the front window when the image is opened.  The odd progress dialog seems to show up when photoshop's in the background when the image is opened, but if I hit cmd-e from lightroom, switch to photoshop, it then seems to be (more) ok.

Not sure if it's related, but when it restarts after, the new "home screen" shows up, even if I have reset the preferences to not show it.

I reverted back to the previous version, but that lost all my preferences and plugin setups, and had other issues.

Is this something known, or does anyone from Adobe think they can help me out here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?