• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending photos to PS as Smart Objects.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Classic, iMAC, 32gb, Lr and PS all up to date!.

Scenario 1: today I send single photos from Lightroom to PS for further editing via COMMAND E. 

Scenario 2. if I want to always make those single photos going to PS Smart Objects I have to go (each time) to (Lr) PHOTO, then EDIT IN, then select OPEN AS A SMART OBJECT IN PHOTOSHOP. 

GOAL:  send ALL photos (one at a time) from Lightroom to PS as Smart Objects; however, I want to shorten the steps set out in Scenario 2 (above). 

HELP:  are there any default settings/short-cuts that will send each photo to PS as a Smart Object?

There are just too many steps in Scenario 2. I’m looking some short-cuts.

Thanks - Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm a windows user not Mac. On Windows you can type Alt+P E O which quickly selects the menu item (Alt+a letter being the standard windows method of shortcutting to a menu).  But I don't know whether Macs have those menu shortcuts?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Mac does not have the Option (Alt) shortcuts to activate menus and menu items; that’s Windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming Jane. I'll leave my post up in case a Windows user stumbles over the thread on a search with axsimilar issue. Unfortunately it doesn't help Tom though.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't use a short cut - but rather the context menu.

Select images in Grid

Right Click - Edit In> Open as a Smart object in Photoshop.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines