• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending transparent image on Gmail but recipient not getting it transparent.

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  When sending a logo with transparent background to the recipient through Gmail or whatsapp.
  2. The receiver is complaining that the logo has a white background.
  3. It is not transparent.
  4. Can any one help plzz.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumit Could it be that the images you are sending are perfectly fine but the recipient is opening or previewing your images in a program that doesn't support transparency?

How are you sending the files? Are you attaching them to emails? If you are copying and pasting them into the body of an email this could potentially be stripping out the transparency? Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you using. TIFF and PNG support transparency, Jpeg does not.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've personally found this problem happens when sending images as attachments using the gmail mobile app, at least on IOS. (Though I believe it's an app feature, considering I've had it happening with multiple phones on different versions of IOS) Not only does it turn transparents images to just having a solid background, I've found it also sometimes changes the image type (like .png or .jpeg) and/or the image size/dimensions as well as the quality. After messing around with it for a little/troubleshooting in an attempt to figure out what's going on, I discovered that the problem  happens in the image attachment process to the initial email itself. When attaching the image to the email, gmail seems to change the image, and this can be spotted if you preview or even just look at the image itself in the email while you're making it. (Though it may not be as easily spotted if you use light mode/theme on the app and/or your device, as I use the dark theme, so the opaque white background on the uploaded, previously transparent, image is pretty easy to notice in contrast to the dark theme of the rest of the app. I've been unable to find a setting that turns this compression/altering or whatever feature off, and in the past I kinda just gave up and uploaded the image to my cloud, and downloaded it from there onto my computer so I could share it there instead, or if it needed to be sent somewhere in better quality (even desktop version of gmail can be a little finicky at times for some in my experience), i just send it over discord or use a USB or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, while users are poking around in the gmail settings to find the correct switch, (the issue is not on Photoshop's end, unless you save yo jpeg) you can share links to your files hosted on creative cloud: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I know it's not photoshop's end! I mean I did specifically state it was an issue with gmail ahaha- I personally only have access to adobe software at school using shared licenses, whatever setup we have makes it so you cannot use the creative cloud, and are only able to access the software on those computers, so unfortunately using creative cloud won't do anything for me personally, as I am unable to do so- it's alright though, I've just been uploading the images to my Google Photos account on my mobile device, and then logging into my Google Photos account on the desktop, and downloading them from there and the quality stays the way it's supposed to when I do it that way, so Im good for now- was more just sharing my info on it in case it may help anyone or if anyone else knew about the issue with Gmail I guess lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emails can do odd things. I will zip a file, if I don't want an app messing with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

send as an attachment: once loaded on your email click the image and "send as attachment" will come up (on iphone at least) and click then send - it then comes through as original png instead of the jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines