Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separating colors for screenprinting

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I am looking to create a design for screenprinting but am stuck in the process. I'm wondering what the processes are for having this (attached) as my finalScreenshot 2019-05-20 11.37.45.png image. I am trying to separate the black and pink into two different layers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're looking to separate colors in Photoshop, could you please check this video and see if it helps?

CMYK for screenprinting from photoshop - YouTube

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image. I am trying to separate the black and pink into two different layers.

Usually with screen printing you want to use spot ink channels to make custom color separations. If you have art on layers the output will have to be to 4-color process CMYK using halftones.

So like this where the art is in Spot Channels, not Layers:

Screen Shot 13.png

Screen Shot 14.png

Screen Shot 15.png

The output would be to Separations where you could print the two Spot Color Channels. I would place the two channel art into InDesign or Illustrator and print the separations from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines