• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serve images in next-gen formats WebP - How to export in WebP format from Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, am new to adobe photoshop and every picture I do in photoshop and uploaded it in my website [Link removed by moderator] google speed say Serve images in next-gen formats WebP how can I do that please?
Thank You

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Photoshop does not support the WebP format natively. You can download a plug-in to help convert the images to WebP. Please check a similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/converting-images-to-webp-in-photoshop-cc/td-p/10281336?pag...

You can add your vote to the idea of including native support for the format to Photoshop here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/please_provide_support_for_the_webp_image_for...

Hope this helps!
Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most developers don't use WebP because it is not supported by Safari on iOS and Mac platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - that saved me a ton of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines