Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setup & Use

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seasons Greetings all 

After using PS for a very long time now I've starting to question my own approach to image processing and then how to best judge my work before sharing online... just feeling a bit confused 

Like many I now use two screens...one a large one for image processing, which is calibrated for printing out work with my Epsom printer, and the other is my  Laptop for running LR/ PS software  - Using this setup the two screens will always display images differently, obviously, if I drag my laptop web browser page across to the printing screen all I get is a bigger image with low visible tones ...is the better way to this without changing all my setting are each time. 

If you print your own work and share images online how do you do it  ?? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In using two screens, you should always rely on your calibrated monitor for any tonal adjustments you make in your image, to ensure print matching and color integrity. This means using that screen for Photoshop editing and also using Lightroom in dual screen mode with the loupe view on the calibrated monitor. You can use the non calibrated laptop screen for non-color-critical editing and for sorting, rating and other administrative tasks in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Michael J. Hoffman already posted good advice. 

But let me ask: What kind of work to you do anyway? 

Are you using Color Management »properly« (preserve embedded profiles, embed profiles when saving/exporting, not preview with Monitor RGB, etc.)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines