• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe Mask Lag!

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS had been working perfectly fine for me until a few days ago.  When I have already selected my subject and then click the SELECT & MASK button, that is where the trouble begins.  There is a 5-second lag when I try to make any changes with my brush in the masking window.  

To try to answer the things that you are wondering...

I made absolutely no changes to my PC.  The computer is only 6 months old and is a very good one.  After being really frustrated with this issue, I updated the version of PS.  Nothing changed.  I have restarted the computer.  I have used the PURGE function.  Still nothing.  The masking window is the only place where I have any lag.  Otherwise, PS works flawlessly.  

Any ideas?  I could really use the help right now, as I am need to mask 6 baseball & softball teams out of green screen shots.  Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you specifications?

OS version, HD space, RAM, Graphics card, VRAM, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 1TB SDD, 16G RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, AMD Radeon RX 5600M 512MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have two graphics cards - Photoshop has issues with GPU and two active cards.

Follow the suggestions on this page to resolve:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#multiple-gpus 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the help!  Unfortunately, I got stuck on step B for AMD.  There is no "browse" button, and I cannot seem to find anywhere that allows me to choose "high performance" instead of "power saving".  I did go to PowerPlay and moved the slider to the far end of "maximize quality".  However, that is not making any difference.  😞  Literally hundreds of photos to mask and the masking window doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't see where the specs you gave it shows two GPUs - the Ryzen 7 4800H is the CPU and the RX5600M is the GPU.

However, that CPU also has integrated graphics capabilities so you would need to ensure Photoshop is only using the dedicated GPU. That RX5600M should meet the spec for Photoshop as it has 6GB of VRAM (although you state only 512MB in your spec above so I'm not sure why you are not seeing 6GB).

Can you go to Photoshop's Help > System info and press Copy . Then paste the info here.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines