• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Severe mouse lag when photoshop and any other CC app are open macOS

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop seems to be causing serious mouse lag when any other CC app is open. I am working on a late 2019 MacBook pro and all CC apps were recently reinstalled. Most recently I had Bridge and Photoshop open and the mouse hardly moves. I've seen several other posts with similar issues dating years back. Curious why this hasn't been corrected yet. Nevertheless, if anyone can help resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the mouse lag issue in Photoshop. Are you using a wireless mouse or a wired one?

Could you please let us know which exact version of Photoshop you're using? Also, which macOS version are you working on?

Could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1.3

Wireless, Magic mouse, Not sure the exact model it's about 6 months old. 

MacOS 10.15.3

The problem seems to intermittnet. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it works just fine.  If I "hide" Photoshop, mouse movement returns to normal. (Same if I hide Bridge, Illustrator or InDesign.) So far this has only happened with Photoshop + 1. (1 being any other CC app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what exactly solved the issue. The mouse lag stopped before I recived the advice to deselect "Use Graphics Processor", which seemed like odd advice for Photoshop. Nevertheless, I deselected "User Graphics Proccessor". So far, so good. Hopefully the issues is solved for good, but as I mentioned before, it has been an intermittent problem. So, we'll see how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure it has anything to do with a mouse.  I have the late 2019 i9 MacBook Pro also and my bogs down with CC and I don't have a mouse attached.  My bogs down with Bridge or PS but the worst is Acrobat; I will get 137% CPU on activity monitor for 10s of seconds.  This will cause my fan to kick on high power.  If any one has updated info or fixes, I', interested also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines