• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shadow / Highlight tool downgraded in PS 2021

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that negative adjustments are no longer possible.  This was essential to my use of Shadow / Highlight to brighten dark areas while simultaneously taming highlights.  Why the change?  Any workarounds to no longer being able to enter a negative highlight adjustment?  This tool was such an easy way to tame high-contrast photos, now it's much less useful.  I don't see the point.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I don't see any difference between version 2019 and 2021, this is what I get when I try to enter a negative value in version 2019

2020-10-25 14_07_48-2020-10-25 13_26_55-0097.jpg @ 33.3% (RGB_8_).png @ 100% (RGB_8).png

And I get the same result in 2021, maybe I misunderstanding what you're referring to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just double-checked on Ps 20 and Ps 21 and they both require a positive number. Please let me know if I misinterpreted your question.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same in Ps 2019 (v 20). What version did you upgrade from?

shadow.png

Have you tried Filter > Adobe Camera Raw as an alternative? It offers postitive and negatives adjustments for Shadows and Highlights.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines