• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharpening an illustration

Explorer ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what could be the best way to sharpen an illustration like this to use it as a background of an anime scene? This is the original size but I need the final result to be in 4K... I have made a few tests with many styles of characters but currently, it is too blurry for them...

sharpening.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: How did you upsample, which Resample Method did you use? 

Whch Sharpening Filters did you try? 

If you want to try other software you could check out this

https://topazlabs.com/shop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried with unsharpen mask but the results are not so good, I am also not so good at setting it correctly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can often make a surprising difference with an image like this by sharpening just some of it manually.  That means making selections an painting or cloning up against that selection, and do this in strategic places.  The idea is to give the eye something to lock on to.

Otherwise I think a combination of Camera RAW > Clarity, and with all those lines and edges, High Pass sharpening might be worth a try.  The real problem is going to be the upsampling, because with strong sharpening as well, you are going to get artefacts.  Have you tried the new Enhance tool?

Use Raw Details and Super Resolution in Adobe Camera Raw

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I am making a few tests, yes upsampling is a big problem, should I scale the image first and then apply the various corrections or it doesn't change too much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines