• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut keys not working all time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No great problem but when I first open photoshop the shortcut tool keys i.e. w, g, v, etc all work well but after opening and closing a few images they seem to get stuck and I then have to manually select the tool I require. When I restart photoshop all ok for a bit then the same happens again.  Just puzzled?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @NavyNick 

The next time it happens, check to see if something is active, such as the Blending mode drop-down in the Layers panel or the text box for opacity or if you have a feature open that needs to be closed, such as cropping or a filter, etc., etc., etc. You might press Escape or Return a couple of times to see if that clears it.

If you don't see it then post a screen shot of your entire workspace and we might be able to spot the issue.

This is the most likely cause, so it's the first thing to check. To test it on purpose, try highlighting the "100%" in the Layers panel and then type a single letter shortcut. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane

Many thanks for replying so promptly - I think I may have just found the problem whilst following your guidelines.  I use a two screen mode and have a workspace shortcut which I use to access the 2-screen mode for my monitors.  When I selected Window>workspace>reset{myworkspace} this has seemed to resolved the issue.  Will keep you info'd

Keep safe

Kind regards

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines