• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut keystrokes not working in Photoshop CC 2019

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Photoshop CC 2019.  When I open a file from Lightroom using the "edit in" option, Photoshop opens the file but none of the shortcut keys seem to work.  For example, my normal workflow is to make a copy of the layer using ctrl J.  I have also tried right clicking on the layer in the layer panel but the duplicate layer command is not active.  Please advise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem when sending files from Lightroom CC Classic to Photoshop (and it's not just the shortcuts that don't work).  I have seen elsewhere that this is a known problem but peculiarly it only affects my high-spec'd desktop PC and not my cheap and cheerful laptop - and both use the same Windows 10 version.

I've wound back to the previous Photoshop version for now and that has fixed the problem but then I'm not getting the benefits of recent Photoshop improvements.

Any explanation - if not a solution - would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only that, but the most basic, muscle memory keyboard shortcuts are no longer operational. Space bar for the hand tool? No such luck. Spacebar and command for magnifying glass? Nope. It may sound petty, but if this does not get restored soon, it will be the end of my decades-long patience with Adobe. The main reason for resisting the growing alternatives is that this old dog didn't want to have to learn new tricks. As I said: muscle memory. Adobe continues to confuse and annoy their most faithful users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric,

Quit both programs, then launch Photoshop first, followed by Lightroom. It’s a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, and the way they chose to "fix" this bug is by taking the option away in CC2019.

Go to edit, keyboard shortcuts, scroll down to the hand tool, and try to replace the "H" with "space bar".

You will get an alert saying:

"The key pressed is an invalid shortcut. You can only use A-Z for tool shortcuts."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines