Shortcuts FILES

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I am super new with photoshop. I tried importring the GIMP shortcut KYS file in photoshop and it wont work and I tried going in    

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Keyboard Shortcuts

and paste the KYS file and it didnt work all I did was I clicked edit -> keyboard shortcuts.. and I cicked the my custoum shortcut KYS file. and it says  "Could not load the shortcut set because there are problems with the flie"   so what I DO?? PLZ HELP ME!

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shortcuts FILES

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! I am super new with photoshop. I tried importring the GIMP shortcut KYS file in photoshop and it wont work and I tried going in    

C:\Users\(USERNAME)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Keyboard Shortcuts

and paste the KYS file and it didnt work all I did was I clicked edit -> keyboard shortcuts.. and I cicked the my custoum shortcut KYS file. and it says  "Could not load the shortcut set because there are problems with the flie"   so what I DO?? PLZ HELP ME!

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you think GIMP shotcuts  key files would work in Photoshop? 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know... because I am new so I dont like photoshop's SUPER HARD shortcuts.. I want to change to GIMP's shortcuts. if I cant then is there a another way?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would you want Photoshop to do with GIMP shortcuts. Photoshop is not Gimp. Photoshop  like Gimp is an Image editor. So Gimp and Photoshop will have many similar features and functions  that are implemented independently some features may have similar user interfaces and may produce results like the other.  I know nothing about GIMP so all GIMP is unknown to me.  I would have no idea what any Gimp shortcut would do.  I know Gimp will have feature other Image editors have. Still I would need to learn about Gimp to be able to use Gimp. Photoshop has a huge learning curve. Its not supper hard its a never ending learning process.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop you can use Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts to change many of photoshops' keyboard shortcuts.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html

Where did you get the Gimp KYS file?

I ask since Gimp uses a file called menurc to store keyboard shortcuts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 0