Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts stopped working on my macBook

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if someone can help me please?

I am disabled with a head injury and struggle to understand long winded insturctions.

I contacted Adobe this afternoon to ask why I still had phtoshop 2019/2020, bridge 2018/2019/2020  and Lightroom 2019/2020 on my MacBook when I have installed the 2021 versions. I was told I could delete the older versions and had to do this on the cloud, so I did as I was told, I read the intructions slowly and step by step. 

The problem is, my shortcut keys no longer work, can someone help me please. Thank you for your time.

Paul 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Which shortcuts aren't working — Adobe shortcuts or ones that you created? All shortcuts or just some? Which ones?

The default is that older versions do not get uninstalled unless you click a checkbox. Personally, I keep all older versions.

Many folks who uninstall say to do it in reverse order: 2021, then 2020, the 2019, and finally 2018. Then reinstall. The two most recent versions are available, so if you want two versions, install 2020 followed by 2021.

Answer the questions above first, but you might try these in order:

• In Photoshop, go to Preferences > General > Reset Preferences on Quit
    If that works, stop there.
  • If it doesn't work, unisnstall the current version and use the Cleaner to remove all files. Then reinstall.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning Jane

its all of them for example the CMD C, CMD V, CMD J etc etc, nothing's working. 

when you say uninstall and use the cleaner what is the cleaner and where do I find it please?

Best Wishes

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon Jane

Yes I did reset them, it didn't work 😢. However, I got to speak to an Adobe agent in Uk and all is sorted now.

Thank you for your time on this, I really do appreciate your help!!!

best wishes

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, Paul. Can you tell us how it was resolved?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jane

I wish I could tell you how it was resolved, I jsut let hoim have control of my computer, he went into soem settings, ticked some boxes, copied and pasted some things and then clicked ok. It happened so fast I never got a chance to see how it was done. Really Sorry.

Best Wishes

Paul 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines