Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show / Hide layers error - Photoshop 21.2 on macOS 10.15.5 Catalina

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using Photoshop 21.2 on macOS Catalina 10.15.5 and I'm experiencing a problem with hiding and showing the layers.

When I try to hide a layer, it seems Photoshop is NOT hiding it (despite the eye icon is unticked), sometimes the "hidden" layer appears below other layers that in reality are under it. It looks very confusing because it's messing up with the layer order and visibility in a random way that I quite not catch. To fix it, I randomly hide and show other layers, and then somehow the layer visibility come back to normal, but of course this is not the proper way to work.

This is very frustrating, did anyone experience the same issue? Have you fixed it somehow?

Thanks!

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the layers is not turning off completely in Photoshop. Could you please try "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of how the image looks at your end?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thank you for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Could you please try "Legacy compositing"

Hi Giogias, 

Instead of turning on Legacy Compositing, turn it off, then relaunch and see if that helps.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked, thank you for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines