Highlighted

‘Show Sampling Ring’ greyed out in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I've been having a few minor issues with tools in photoshop lately and I can't pinpoint the cause of them. I use a MacBook. 

The one giving me the most grief is the Sampling Ring not showing up when I'm using the eye dropper tool, or when I'm holding down alt in the brush tool. 

After a lot of searching, I read somewhere I should check the 'Show Sampling Ring' option in the eyedropper tool was ticked, but when checking I can see it's not ticked and it's actually greyed out. 

I have no idea what the cause of this was but it only happened very recently and I can't seem to get it to work! 

Does anyone have any input at all? 

I'm not sure if this will help find the root of the problem, but another small issue that happened the exact time this issue did, is that the line that shows up when I use the curvature pen tool (which is typically a light-ish blue and very easy to see) has gone to a weird grey, almost see-through colour. 

thanks so much everyone! Appreciate any input at all. 

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

‘Show Sampling Ring’ greyed out in Photoshop

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I've been having a few minor issues with tools in photoshop lately and I can't pinpoint the cause of them. I use a MacBook. 

The one giving me the most grief is the Sampling Ring not showing up when I'm using the eye dropper tool, or when I'm holding down alt in the brush tool. 

After a lot of searching, I read somewhere I should check the 'Show Sampling Ring' option in the eyedropper tool was ticked, but when checking I can see it's not ticked and it's actually greyed out. 

I have no idea what the cause of this was but it only happened very recently and I can't seem to get it to work! 

Does anyone have any input at all? 

I'm not sure if this will help find the root of the problem, but another small issue that happened the exact time this issue did, is that the line that shows up when I use the curvature pen tool (which is typically a light-ish blue and very easy to see) has gone to a weird grey, almost see-through colour. 

thanks so much everyone! Appreciate any input at all. 

Topics

Bug, Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this

go to preferences -general - scroll down to "performance"  and tick the "use graphics processor" box. Click ok! Close and open the photo again. That did the trick for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me. Nearly thought it didn't, but then I remembered to quit and restart photoshop for preference settings to take effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines