• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sick of updates you lost me hours of work.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Photoshop was in the middle of updating (without me even knowing this) I lost hours of work because it didn't "see" the file I had currently finished coloring in ClipStudio. When I opened it in Photoshop, it showed up as the half-finished version from hours earlier...?

Why would it do this? Now I have to go back and recolor those panels that were lost. What is with the constant goddamned updates? And why wouldn't it just tell me it couldn't open the file because it was updating at the moment? Instead of opening an "old" file? One of the many new things that I absolutely hate about this creative cloud junk that I'm paiying a fortune for.

I am very unhappy about this--this is not something that would evr have happened with any of the previous "hard copies" of Photoshop. Very disappointing and frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with ClipStudio, but if the work you did there didn't save as expected, that's a problem unrelated to Photoshop. My guess is that you saved the file to a different disk location by mistake. 

Even if you have auto updates on, that doesn't affect any of your files. Photoshop just opens files from disk and saves them back to disk. A new Photoshop version comes in as a separate application, independent from the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn off auto-update so you're in control.

The application is downloaded via the Creative Cloud app to your computer and operates in the normal way, i.e. the application is not cloud-based.

As D Fosse has stated, the file corruption is unlikely to be a Photoshop issue,  it's likely to be a hardware one.

In any case, it's always vital to keep incrementally named and saved copies of your work internally and externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines