• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple edits are suddenly causing my PSDs to double, triple, quadruple in size?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I run CC on a 2015 imac w/ High Sierra. I haven't made any recent changes to my operating system. I've noticed that my PSD files are suddenly growing in size after small edits, and usually need to be re-saved as PSBs. The edits are usually things like adding an adjustment layer, or editing an existing adjustment layer. In one case earlier today, I opened a 921 mb PSD and edited an existing curves layer to add a bit of contrast, and when I went to save it said the file was too big. So I saved it as PSB, and the new file is 5.65 gb! 

I have auto-update turned on, maybe there was a recent update? I don't think I'm doing anything differently, but maybe I changed something without realizing the consequences, but I don't know what. Is this a problem other people are having, or is it likely to do with something I did on my own? Any ideas what's happening and how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?