• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Since update pen pressure not working. Full screen dulls colors.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop updated. 

I work with a cintiq 22hd, never ever had any issues with your software. 

But the ps update has brought TONS of issues wich are messing my workflow. 

Pressing F, dulls the colors on my ps work area. Just as it does when you are not ON the cintiq.  So I had to program an extra click to click on the main monitor and then back to the screen on the cintiq so that the colors are back again.

Then, this last update the stupid program started to act up and simply does not detect the pen pressure. Again when I have to pause or choose a reference image on my main monitor. I go back to ps and the brush pressure is gone. 

Before you start to say it's my cintiq, it's not.  It's PS. I've tested with Clip Studio and affinity. I don't know what's up because I was working just fine prior to the update (this is why I hate so much updates on programs). PS updated and I started having the issue. 

I have a mac, High Sierra. 

I'd love some help becuase I cannot work like this. It's definitely PS which is my main software. 

*I'm not a new user to ps. I've been using the software for more tan 15 years. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, There's no windows ink on a mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying but I have an iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues since the last update. I'm have a Cintiq 22HD and run this on a PC, everything was going fine. Now when i'm sketching I get a dark streak as if i'm pressing hard on my pen. That's not the case. Just doing light brushing and blending, then SPLAT. Everything works fine in SketchBook, Blender, Paint Storm. Krita, etc.  My WACOM drivers are up to date and I disabled the Windows Ink a long time ago. Thank you for that suggestion DMan_. I would like to get this bumped up so Adobe can help us find a solution. This IS interfering with work flow.

EDIT: I was playing around with it some more. I noticed when this happens, looking at the brush settings window, it at random times changes the brush thickness and immedately goes back to what I was using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm freaking out, because I also have this other problem: when I'm drawing, the pen won't do nothing. just for a brief second. I thought it was my cintiq (because, I thought it was malfunctioning) but no, this it is a PS thing. 

My drivers are up to date and I'd still be using my purchased version of the software but it's not compatible with the new driver 😞 

I'm also WORRIED that wacom won't release a new update for the drivers of the Cintiq 22HD since it would seem they discontinued the model.

It's really driving me crazy- The last two updates have really messed up my workflow. I'm glad that I found a workaround, but still it is annoying. I shoulnd't have to click main main monitor in order to brighten up the colors again on my cintiq. Even less to click on my ps workspace with my mouse to have my pen pressure back on again.  I'm really annoyed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like the same issue I've been having since the new Ps 21.1.2 update. 

I lose pen pressure after zooming in or out on the canvas. This never happened before.

MacOS Mojave, Cintiq Pro 24 (current driver)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines