Highlighted

Single keyboard shortcut for multiple settings in Adobe Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I can change brush opacity by typing a number (e.g. typing "2" and "3" in quick succession will set opacity to 23%) and brush flow by pressing "Shift" and typing a number.

But I need to change between two settings for flow and opacity almost every other brush stroke. I want to paint a few lines with flow and opacity at 100%, then some lines with flow and opacity at 33%, then at 100% again. Having to type five keys (or seven, if I want to set to 100%) before I can paint the next stroke is taking more time than the actual painting – and I usually miss the correct keys and have to spend a few additional seconds correcting the faulity settings.

I would therefore like to be able to change both settings with a single click of a keyboard shortcut, and change the settings back with a single click of another.

How can I achieve that?

I found a solution that works perfectly for me. I'm drawing with a Wacom tablet, so I set the buttons on the Wacom pencil to perform the necessary series of clicks (see attached image).

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-26 um 19.41.10.png

Now I can click on the Wacom pencil to change opacity and flow to the settings I need.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Single keyboard shortcut for multiple settings in Adobe Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I can change brush opacity by typing a number (e.g. typing "2" and "3" in quick succession will set opacity to 23%) and brush flow by pressing "Shift" and typing a number.

But I need to change between two settings for flow and opacity almost every other brush stroke. I want to paint a few lines with flow and opacity at 100%, then some lines with flow and opacity at 33%, then at 100% again. Having to type five keys (or seven, if I want to set to 100%) before I can paint the next stroke is taking more time than the actual painting – and I usually miss the correct keys and have to spend a few additional seconds correcting the faulity settings.

I would therefore like to be able to change both settings with a single click of a keyboard shortcut, and change the settings back with a single click of another.

How can I achieve that?

I found a solution that works perfectly for me. I'm drawing with a Wacom tablet, so I set the buttons on the Wacom pencil to perform the necessary series of clicks (see attached image).

Now I can click on the Wacom pencil to change opacity and flow to the settings I need.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the easiest way may just to have presets for the brushes flow and opacity the you can  select one way or another.  Clicking on, shortcut, scripts etc. Perhaps some experienced Painter can detail their work flow for you. I'm no painter....

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using  Opacity jitter and flow jitter from the Transfer settings in the Brush settings Would be a great help for your case.

window-> brush settings

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0