Highlighted

Sinmple content aware?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS 21.2.3.  I have very little expertise in PS,mostly  using lightroom to edit my photos. I used to be able to select an area, choose content aware fill, and PS automatically did a fill that would get rid of unwanted objects when other tools were inadequate.  Usually it was satisfactory, or I could make it so by trying again with a slightly different area selected.  Now I am getting what seem to be very complicated  panels on the right side of my screen that I have no idea how to use.  Is there a simple way to do content aware fill "automatically?"  If not,  how does the community suggest I learn how to use the more complicated content aware fill quickly.  Perhpas a dumbed down video or explanation for a 71 year old who doesn't want to spend days trying to learn new things.  Thanks, Bill

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sinmple content aware?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PS 21.2.3.  I have very little expertise in PS,mostly  using lightroom to edit my photos. I used to be able to select an area, choose content aware fill, and PS automatically did a fill that would get rid of unwanted objects when other tools were inadequate.  Usually it was satisfactory, or I could make it so by trying again with a slightly different area selected.  Now I am getting what seem to be very complicated  panels on the right side of my screen that I have no idea how to use.  Is there a simple way to do content aware fill "automatically?"  If not,  how does the community suggest I learn how to use the more complicated content aware fill quickly.  Perhpas a dumbed down video or explanation for a 71 year old who doesn't want to spend days trying to learn new things.  Thanks, Bill

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can still choose Edit > Fill > Content-Aware, the same as before. The new way is in addition to the old way.

jane-e_0-1600297791453.png

Here's the Help page for the new way:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/content-aware-fill.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much.  And I will make an effort to learn the new way too as needed. 

Bill

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
jane-e LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, swindaman. 😊

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines