• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of document changing to have decimal places after entering them

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example - I want to resize an image to a canvas size of A0 841x1189mm.

I go to Crop canvas or image resize and type the above units into the box and press ok.

If I go back into the crop or image resize again it will appear at something like 840.99x1188.06mm.

I have noticed the same thing on Illustrator once or twice on different occasions when trying to resize images & rectangles - I would type in a whole number and then when I clicked on the image later it would appear with a decimal place.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is not a bug, only works as a default function in both applications...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your response, but I have no idea what that means.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is a pixel based program, so you need to put an even number in your resolution like 120 px/cm.

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 7.22.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dpi was set to 300 pixels/inch. (and I was trying to enter the dimensions in mm)

So then I guess this is to do with the variance between inches and centimeters? 

I've honestly never really noticed this issue before and I've always worked in pixels per inch and I've never seen anyone mention using pixels per cm - I wouldnt even know what the equivalent size would be?

I usually work in Pixels for web.

Clearly I'm not used to doing stuff for print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines